This brief tutorial will explain how to take a screenshot on the flagship Android smartphone the Samsung Galaxy S3.
It’s almost a month since the Samsung Galaxy S3 is available in Europe and other regions and a few weeks away to be available in Canada and US. While Samsung hasn’t released exact sales figures but knowing that over 9-million handsets were pre-ordered in less than 3 weeks we are sure that already millions of people around the world have received their new smartphones.
I am one of those lucky people who already got the Galaxy S3 and I am very happy with my purchase. It has everything you can possibly need and even more. So I decided to cover series of articles that will explain how to release its full potential. First thing I want to share is How to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S3.
There are two different methods to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S3 and I will share both of them with you. It doesn’t require an app and first method will work for all Samsung Galaxy series smartphones and many other Android Ice Cream Sandwich powered smartphones as well.
- Hold down the Power button and the home button at the same time for a few seconds and you will notice a message saying “screenshot saved to Camera shot”.
- Now you can find previously created screenshot on the phones Gallery app. Wasn’t it simple?
Before you can use this method you will have to do fallowing steps:
- Click the MENU button and then select SETTINGS.
- Select MOTION between other settings.
- Under “Hand Motion” settings, check “Palm swipe to Capture” checkbox.
You don’t need to do it every time, just enable this function once and you are ready to take a screenshots on the Galaxy S3 using Palm swipe.
- Place your palm on the one side of the screen and swipe it over to the other side. You can do it from left to right or from right to left and it will work either way.
You will notice a white line moving over the screen and message saying “screenshot saved to Camera shot”.
Bellow you can see a video demonstration of both methods:
This is a simple method but requires practice.
Probably there are some more ways to capture a screenshot on the Galaxy S3 but there are the ways I am aware of and if you know some other options please let us know in comments section bellow.