I have used iGO My Way Navigation software for ages and I think it is one of the best Navigation apps available for Android and iOS. Originally this app was built for iPhone but due to its popularity it is now available for Android and some dedicated navigation systems.
I already mentioned that I own the Samsung Galaxy Note and today I wanted to install iGO on it but it took me a little longer than expected to install it and make it usable. The problem is that iGO is not optimized for Galaxy Note and 720p resolution displays in general. After some research I found that many people complaint about this issue but luckily there is solution to install iGO on the Galaxy Note.
This solution is just custom skin for iGO to make it work on you Galaxy Note. It requires that you already have iGO installed on smartphone. If you don’t have it, just head to iGO website and purchase iGO My Way v8 or you can find it for free by spending some time Googling. I won’t give you a iGO download link to avoid problems with copyrights.
How to install iGO on Galaxy Note?
- I installed “iGO MyWay for Android v22.214.171.124971 Thin v1.7” and this will work as hit what you should Google and download to make it work for the Galaxy Note.
- Once you have iGO installed on your Galaxy Not you will find that it takes only 1/3 of you screen as it is not optimize for 720p display resolution. You need a custom theme to make it work properly.
- Download iGO My Way Reborn Skin from here. This theme won’t fit perfectly for the Galaxy Note display but it’s the best you can get at this point. Password for archive is “bobroberts” without quotes.
- Fallow this step if you are using iGO Thin. If you are using iGO Thin, then you don’t need root. All you have to do is to replace your original data.gro with the one included in iGO My Way Reborn Skin and merge the iGO folder with the one on your SD card.
- Fallow this step if you are using regular iGO. If you are using regular iGO, you will need to replace the data.gro located here: /data/data/com.navngo.igo.javaclient/ as well as the audio folder which will require root. You can Google for instruction if your Galaxy Not is not yet rooted.
Now you can enjoy iGo My Way navigation on your Galaxy Note but it won’t fill perfectly but it is the best solution at this moment. It is perfectly usable and there are no other errors except problems with resolution.
Please share if you know better solution how to get iGO on the Galaxy Note.
Please note! This is for educational purpose only and all links to download are for testing and education use only. If you like the software, please feel free to purchase it instead of downloading it for free.