A few months ago I got the Samsung Galaxy Note international version and I am very happy with this purchase. This is the best phone I have ever had if we don’t put the Nokia 3310 into the contest. It has the largest screen between smartphones and still not too huge to call it tablet, so everyone calls it a phablet.
Like I said, the Galaxy Note is amazing smartphone and can be used for many tasks that no other smartphones on the market are capable of doing. I use it for reading, web browsing, emails and drawing as my work sometimes requires it, but iPads and Galaxy Tabs are too bulky to carry everywhere. The Galaxy Note has well executed one-size-fits-all approach so it is selling like cupcakes.
Everything was great till a few weeks ago when my Samsung Galaxy Note become slow. It is very snappy smartphone and one of the best I’ve ever had and I have had a lot of different smartphones for testing and personal use. Still the fact remains, it just became slow. I tried to uninstall apps I rarely use but still no luck. I tried to disable most services, like GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, Power Saver, and email but still the Galaxy Note was slow.
I decided to scan my Galaxy Note with Lookout Security & Antivirus and AVG Antivirus Free but they didn’t found anything suspicious. Checked if some applications are not using too much memory or processor’s processing power but everything looked just fine.
I ran out of ideas and decided to start clean with the Galaxy Note. I formatted everything and started from scratch and now my Galaxy Note isn’t slow anymore.
If your Samsung Galaxy Note has become slow then you can fallow these steps to make it fast again:
- Backup your music, videos, pictures and everything you find useful. You can use Samsung Kies to backup and restore your Galaxy Note.
- Make sure your contacts are synced with Google account so you won’t lose anything
- Now format your Memory card and Phone Memory/USB Storage. You can do it by opening Settings->Storage. Don’t be afraid of doing it if your data is backed up from first step.
- Turn off your smartphone. Wait till it’s completely turned off.
- Now you will have to factory reset your phone. Here is how – simultaneously press and hold Volume up, Home Button and Power Button and wait till the Galaxy Note logos appears on screen and then release the buttons. Wait for a little while till you see the console. Now using Volume up/down buttons and navigate to Factory Reset option and select it by pushing Home button. It will take couple of minutes to complete Factory reset.
- Afterward the Galaxy Note will restart and it will ask for your Google account information. Fallow the instruction on screen to setup your smartphone.
- Then you can sync your phone with Google account to get back your contacts
- Restore your files using Samsung Kies or other software you prefer.
This helped me to solve the slow Galaxy Note issue and I hope it helps you as well. Still not sure what caused its slowness but at least I found the way to fix it.
Let me know if you have better solution for fixing slow Galaxy Note or had any issues during the process described above.